oink v : utter a high-pitched cry, characteristic of pigs [syn: squeal]
EtymologyImitative of the sound.
- Representing the sound made by a pig.
Representing the sound made by a pig
- The sound made by a pig,
or an imitation thereof.
- The protesters replied to the police officers' demands with a chorus of oinks.
- Of a pig or in imitation
thereof, to make its characteristic sound.
- The hogs oinked happily in their pen as the farmer poured slop in their feeding trough.
Oink may refer to:
- Oink, the animal sound sound a pig makes
- Oink! (comic), a comic printed in the UK during the 1980s
- Oink (O-Force), a fictional character, a mutant in the Marvel Comics Universe
- Moo & Oink, a Chicago-based grocery store chain that caters to the inner-city community
- OiNK's Pink Palace, a defunct BitTorrent tracker and music sharing community website
- A seal cub in the TV series Stingray